10 May Dairy benefits in our day to day
Dairy products are a staple and fundamental in our diet, and now that the hot season arrives, what our body is crying out for is to eat fresh foods.
Our health depends in large part on what we eat, that’s why we tell you about the benefits of dairy products.
Benefits of dairy for health:
- They are the foods that contain more calcium, an essential nutrient for the formation and growth of bones, as well as to prevent diseases such as osteoporosis.
- They contain both water-soluble and fat-soluble vitamins, such as those of group A, B and C, as well as niacin and riboflavin.
- In addition, according to different studies, taking dairy daily reduces the risk of breast cancer by 60%.
- Dairy products contain a high percentage of proteins, especially casein, responsible for the coagulation of milk to form cheese. These proteins cover the amino acid needs of man, also representing a high degree of biological digestibility and value.
- They improve the immune system, since these foods have an antibacterial effect that elevates the defenses of our organism.
- They are also good for cholesterol problems. This is because they help in controlling the concentration of cholesterol in the blood. This is explained by the presence of plant phytosterols in this group of foods that help these fats in the body to decrease their proportion.
- Lower blood pressure.
- They help us to satiate, to reduce the food intake, so if you are looking to lose weight, consuming dairy is recommended.
- They provide energy to our body thanks to its contents in fats and lactose, the ‘sugar’ of milk.
According to the Spanish Federation of Nutrition, Food and Dietetic Societies (FESNAD), the recommended amounts of dairy products are between 2 and 4 servings per day, depending on the age range.
It is worth mentioning that dairy consumption does not imply the consumption of milk only, but we speak of an enormous amount of food, among them we mention the different types of cheeses, yoghurts, besides milk, which contribute numerous nutrients to the organism.
Knowing all the benefits that dairy products bring to our health, it only remains to say … Do not let them escape!