04 Nov Courgette rolls with cheese
The courgette, one of the most important vegetables of the Mediterranean diet, will be the protagonist of this healthy, nutritious and simple recipie easy to prepare. This dish is usually served as a starter in the vast majority of restaurants, as a general rule, is consumed throughout the year, due to its freshness and lightness of all its ingredients.
- 2 courgettes
- 200 gr cream cheese (our choice)
- evaporated milk
- olive oil
- 1 tomato
- vinegar and salt
- The first thing we must do is, with the help of a peeler, cut the courgette into thin strips. As soon as you cut them, cook them in water with a little salt for about a minute.
- After having cooked them, drain them and put them in cold water to stop their cooking.
- On the other hand, mix the cheese with the evaporated milk.
- After this step, place a little cheese on the cold slices of courgettes. Then roll them up and place them vertically on the plate.
- We already have the main part of the dish ready but it lacks that special touch. After placing the rolls in the tray, cut the tomato in small squares, and then distribute them over the courgettes.
- As a last step, in a jar, mix a little olive oil with vinegar and add a pinch of honey. We will use this to dress the rolls and leave them ready to eat.
Benefits of courgett for our health
The courgette is not one of the main vegetables in the Mediterranean diet by chance, is an ideal food for people seeking to lose weight, due to the high amount of fiber, water and low calories. It strengthens the health of the eyes, thanks to lutein and zeaxanthin. Controls cholesterol due to its dietary fiber content. Helps keeping our skin healthy and young. Combats acne and removes toxins from the skin. Its potassium content decreases the risk of getting heart disease and, finally, strengthens our hair thanks to its content in vitamins A and C.