04 Apr Cheese and spinach meatballs
Posted at 12:29h in Recipes
Today we bring you a very special and fun way to prepare this vegetable with grated cheese. A dish with a very attractive flavor for children and adults, with a very simple preparation, perfect for lunch and dinner.
- 300 g of fresh or frozen spinach leaves
- 150 g of grated cheese + 50 g to sprinkle when serving
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg
- 2 spoonfuls of flour
- Milk (only if necessary)
- A spoonful of butter
- Put the portion of butter in a pan and sauté the spinach until they are cooked. At the same time put the salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg to garnish the vegetables.
- When the spinach is ready, add the flour and toss it to mix and toast it a little. With the water released by the spinach, a creamy sauce should start to form.
- Then add the grated cheese and set aside the pan, at the time, from the fire. While we will continue moving it until the mixture is compact and is thick to the point of being able to mold. If we see that it is too thick we can add milk (with or without lactose, although bear in mind that if we use the milk without lacotose it would be a bit more sweet) little by little, until we get the texture we were looking for.
- Form medium balls, it would be perfect if they were not bigger than a mouthful. Then put a pot with plenty of water on the fire and wait for the boiling to begin. When this begins, submerge the balls and take them out when you see them rising to the surface.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and set it apart, so we can continue with it later. We just have to sauté our meatballs in a little butter and sprinkle with pepper. If you are going to serve them, sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese.