23 May Caesar salad
Today’s recipe is a simple and delicious Caesar salad. Although at first glance we see many ingredients, it is still a simple and quick dish to make (it will take only 15 minutes to finish) and will give us 400/700 calories per serving. The salads sometimes don’t have much success among the kids but the Caesar salad always triumphs, thanks to its sauce and the various condiments that go with the vegetables.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 3 lettuce heads
- 100 g of any of our grated cheeses
- 150 g of rustic bread
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt, Pepper, Caesar Sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 g anchovies
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon mustard, sunflower oil
- First crush the anchovies together with the garlic and egg yolks. When everything is well crushed, made a paste, add a dash of sunflower oil and continue beating until we get the mayonnaise emulsione.
- After getting the emulsion, salt and pepper and add the mustard, grated cheese and lemon juice. Then we will remove it and we will reserve it to use it later.
- On the other hand, we open the breasts in book form and we will put them to be done on a very hot grill. Cover them with half of the dressing to give them more flavour and smoothness. When they are done, let them cool and then cut them into strips.
- Separately, wash and cut the lettuce and finally water it with the rest of the dressing.
- For the croutons, cut the bread into cubes, salt and pepper it and brown it in a frying pan with a base of oil. When it starts to turn colour, sprinkle the cheese and continue to brown until it is crisp.
- Finish by mixing everything and pouring a little more of the sauce over it.
- The Caesar salad is ready to eat!