15 Mar Salty sponge cake with cheese and olives
The combination of sweet and savory makes it an ideal choice for any snack or for a perfect aperitif, both for children and adults. Also, in this case, as most of the sponge cake recipes are prepared in a very simple way and using ingredients that are usually easily taken at home. Despite being a somewhat unique development, the truth is that the result is surprising and very rich.
- 3 whole eggs size M
- 175 g of wheat flour
- 120 ml of whole milk
- 100 ml of soft olive oil or sunflower oil
- 16 g Royal yeast (1 sachet)
- 100 g of black olives without bone
- 150 gr grated cheese Flor de Burgos (better if they are different varieties, Cheddar, Parmesan …)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt (careful because the cheese already provides enough salt) and ground pepper to taste
- Before starting, we preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- To simplify the preparation we make the ingredients shake in the blender jar. We put eggs, oil, milk, salt and pepper.
- Once the mixture is well linked add the oregano. We also incorporated the sifted flour and yeast.
- We are mixing well with a spatula until it is a well-linked and creamy mixture.
- Now add the olives in slices (it is important that they are well drained) and the grated cheese and continue mixing well with the spatula.
- We put the mixture in a mold (crown and cake type) very well greased with oil or butter and sprinkled with flour.
- We bake between 35 and 45 minutes in the middle part of the oven and with heat up or down. If it browns too much on top, cover with aluminum once it has gone up. We check the point by clicking with a toothpick.
- You can serve tempered or cold, to your liking.