13 Jun Mini pizzas of eggplant and cheese
Posted at 12:02h in Recipes
Did you want to attract attention and arouse the appetite of your companions? This recipe can give you that and much more. The mini pizzas of eggplant and cheese are an eye-catching, rare and delicious starter. Its easy preparation will not take you more than 35 minutes, approximately.
Ingredients for two
- 1 large eggplant.
- 10 – 12 fresh basil leaves.
- 100 g grated Mozzarella cheese.
- 1 large red tomato or a handful of cherry tomatoes.
- Oregano (optional).
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- First of all we must preheat the oven to a temperature of 200ºC.
- After this we begin with the recipe cutting the aubergine in slices as of 1 cm.
- Then, sprinkle them with salt and put them in a strainer 15 minutes, in this way we will obtain that the aubergines release that liquid that contributes to them a bitter flavor.
- On the other side, we will be preparing the rest of ingredients. Take the tomato and cut it in thin slices or, in case of having the cherry tomatoes, cut them in three slices each one. Also, chop the basil leaves separately.
- Now we return to the eggplant. When we see that it is ready, we will dry it with kitchen paper and place them on an oven tray, covering as much space as possible. Before introducing them, add a dash of oil on top. Once this is done, put them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- When we see that they are ready (they must be tender and entire) take them out and then we will be able to slice the tomato over them (salt and pepper the tomato), the basil leaves and the cheese, in that order.
- After placing the ingredients on the eggplants, take the tray back to the oven and heat for another 10 minutes, makeing the cheese partially melt, browning the rest.
- It’s ready! Just take them out of the oven and serve them sprinkled in oregano (if you want) and warm.
You can always add over the eggplants any other typical ingredient on pizzas, to match with the cheese. In this way, you will give it a much more personal and delicious touch.