16 Nov Macaroni with baked cheese.
• 250 gr. of macaroni
• 750 ml. whole milk
• Extra virgin olive oil
• ½ onion
• ½ leek
• 1 sprig of celery
• 4 sprigs of parsley
• 1 bay leaf
• 30 gr. Butter
• 20 gr. flour
• 150 gr. Parmesan
• 150 gr. mozzarella
• 150 gr. cheddar cheese
• 1 tablespoon of mustard.
• Nutmeg, salt and black pepper in grain and ground
We started preparing béchamel. In a casserole add the milk, onion, leek, celery, parsley, bay leaf, salt and ½ teaspoon black peppercorns. We heat until the milk begins to boil, we extinguish the fire and let it rest by covering the casserole for about 30m.
1. We warm the milk, reserving 75 ml, which we will use later. We will keep the hot milk to use in the béchamel.
2. In a wide skillet, heat the butter until it melts. We add the flour (without stopping to stir with rods) and cook it for a few minutes, until it begins to brown.
3. Incorporate the milk little by little and, integrate with the rods before adding more, little by little. When we have all the milk integrated we will have a fine cream and without lumps.
4. At this time, we add 100 gr. Of grated parmesan cheese, salt and nutmeg. Remove to combine with the cream while letting it cook for about 3 or 4 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and add grated Cheddar cheese, a spoonful of mustard and ground pepper. Return the pan to the heat and stir until the cheese melts. Check the salt point and set aside the fire.
6. Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions, without adding salt, with which the cheese will be enough. We drained the pasta and incorporated it into the frying pan where we have the béchamel sauce. We mixed well and booked.
7. Grease a baking dish with butter and add half the macaroni mixture. Cover with half the mozzarella cheese and pour the rest of the pasta. Cover with the rest of the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the whole surface with the Parmesan cheese that we have left.
8. With the oven preheated to 200º C, cook for about 15-20 minutes until we see the cheese sauce bubbles.
As it is a hard plate we can accompany it with a light salad, to suck the fingers, a whole plate of scrumptious. These macaroni with cheese a with a cheese sauce, bechamel and with a covered cheese au gratin, it is impossible that they are bad.